AbbVie Ireland - Sligo
From 1 January 2013 this site is now known as AbbVie Ireland, Sligo, and forms part of the newly established company known as AbbVie.
In pharmaceutical products, Abbvie’s primary focus is on translating innovative science into effective medicine to address unmet medical needs. Work is focused on
seven fully integrated therapeutic areas; antiviral, immunology, metabolic disease, neuroscience/pain, oncology, anti-infective and cardiovascular/renal.
AbbVie Ireland, Sligo, is a licensed, state-of-the-art, high containment facility for the manufacture of a wide range of pharmaceuticals.
The highly sophisticated technology on site in combination with the depth of expertise that exists within the workforce helps AbbVie Operations develop and deliver products and processes from small scale clinical trial supply to larger commercial manufacturing. The quality control labs are equipped with the latest design technology for chemical and microbiological analytical testing to meet customers’ needs.
The site is located on the Manorhamilton Road in Sligo.
Established in 2002, was designed specifically to manufacture active pharmaceutical ingredients for both small molecules and drugs which support the therapeutic areas of cardiology, neurology, oncology and urology.
The site has dedicated capabilities for potent active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug product manufacturing. It also houses a dedicated Kilo lab for small scale potent manufacturing.
The facility manufactures a range of active pharmaceutical products including a treatment for hyperparathyroidism in patients with chronic kidney failure, and a product used to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH).
The facility is fully committed to ensuring our manufacturing facility operates to the highest safety and environmental standards possible. AbbVie Operations recognises and accepts responsibility for the prevention of employee injuries, for lowering environmental emissions and for the reduction in our use of natural resources in all aspects of site operations.
The site is committed to the continual improvement of its environmental and safety management systems, and its environmental and safety performance via the following environmental health and safety policy.
- We will continue to integrate sound EHS practises consistent with our EHS management system into all aspects of the business, in addition to maintaining legal compliance to relevant Corporate, National and European regulatory requirements and procedures.
- We will promote continual improvement by setting and reviewing safety and environmental objectives and targets.
- We will assess possible safety and environmental impacts of any significant new development of activities, products, or processes.
- We will maintain an Emergency Response Plan and procedures to minimise risk to the environment, our employees and the public.
- We will continuously improve the efficiency and sustainability of our business activities and products, resulting in the lowering of greenhouse gas emissions and water use and minimising wastes designed for landfill.
- We will conduct regular site audits and reviews of safety and environmental systems to ensure compliance with procedures and to monitor their effectiveness.
- We will provide effective safety and environmental training to educate the employees on the significance and responsibilities of the company's safety and environmental programmes.
- We will make available information concerning activities that effect health, safety and the environment to employees, the public and statutory bodies.
It is the responsibility of every employee to work safely, to adhere to the letter and spirit of this policy and to report practises or conditions which are inconsistent with this policy or which pose recognised or unacceptable risks to human health or the environment. In addition, every Abbott leader shall promote a workplace climate that enables employees to practise these principles and actively support implementation of this policy.